It’s time for the 1st Annual Eligible Receiver Midseason Awards in which we use our excellent football intelligence and logical deduction skills to confer completely made up awards to NFL players. Also, lots of pictures. Enjoy!
There are a few games this week that could be considered the game of the week. No, San Francisco, no one cares that you are playing the Rams.
I'm talking about perhaps New England versus Atlanta. New England is 3-0, but without any merit. They beat some of the worst teams in the entire NFL. Now, I know Atlanta is struggling, but this game could really highlight the Patriots deficiencies.
The other game that I considered highlighting and picking as the game of the week was the Miami Dolphins against the Saints. Everyone's pumped that they have won 3 games, and yay for them. They have been so terrible, for so long, it's nice to see them get some wins. Their wins are also more impressive than that of the Patriots, so that's also pretty cool. However, they are going up against the monster machine of the Saints. I don't see this going well for the Dolphins. However, if the Dolphins DO win, a lot more people are actually going to stop just talking about the Dolphins and actually start watching them.
Therefore, the game of the week is ...
1. How could the Panthers lose against Chicago? That was super-duper annoying as a Green Bay fan.
2. Lions. Thank you for beating the Seahawks. Where's your annoying smile now Pete Carroll?
3. I know I picked the Saints to beat the Broncos, but I am super happy I was wrong. I love Peyton Manning. His return to football is an inspiration to anyone who has ever tried, or is trying, to recover from an injury.
4. Andy Reid considering going with a different QB than Vick? Ha ha Michael Vick. I can't wait to celebrate the day you are gone from football you dog killing piece of shit.
5. Tony Romo threw 3 interceptions in the first half and was down 23-0. It was a fun game to watch the Cowboys, no matter what you think of them, attempt a come back while stressing out Eli and Coughlin. I still don't like either team, but this was a fun game to watch.
6. Miami beating the Jets. Nice.
7. The Steelers beat Washington. Of course they did. Washington was having a seizure every time they had to look at those disgusting, nauseating jerseys.
Tomorrow's my birthday. I've learned a lot of lessons in my first 26 years but today I learned a new one. Never wait until Tuesday morning to write your blog post when the Cowboys play MNF. ESPECIALLY don't wait if you have both Tony "Cinco" Romo and Dez "Butterfingers" Bryant on your team. This is the 4th version of this post that I've written and the only version that makes me think my dad won't call me worried and I won't get anonymous comments with tips to the suicide prevention hotline.
Without further ado, fantasy nonsense for those of you that haven't already written off your team...